The Saudi joint stock company’s focus on the real estate sector stems from the fact that this sector is among the most promising ones in the Kingdom, a team of Alawwal executives told a press conference at Hilton’s Qasr Al Sharq hotel on Sunday.
- Dow Jones Newswires: Superdry cuts profit guidance after swinging to first-half lossDue to underperformance of its wholesale division and increasing uncertainty over the fourth quarter, Superdry cut its fiscal 2023 adjusted pretax profit outlook to be broadly breakeven.
- Dow Jones Newswires: Remy Cointreau total sales fall, weighed by weak cognac revenue in the U.S.A slowing U.S. economy weighed on overall sales for the French spirits group, though it reported a steep rise in shipments to China ahead of the Lunar New Year.
- Dow Jones Newswires: LVMH posts forecast-beating sales of $24.78 billion, sees further growth aheadThe mainstay fashion business, home to brands Louis Vuitton and Dior, again outperformed the wider group in the fourth quarter, booking 10% sales growth.
- The Moneyist: ‘He claims it’s his home’: My mother left her Florida house to all of her children. Our brother lives there — and has no plans to move. How do we get him out?'Our brother is still living in the family home. He pays the taxes, insurance and utilities.'
- : This 72-year-old hopes to retire one day — as soon as she raises enough money on GoFundMeOnly about half of U.S. workers have access to 401(k) accounts, but even those that do may struggle to save enough to retire.
- The Margin: That delivery worker who interrupted a college basketball game? It was just a prank.The delivery worker walked onto the court during an Atlantic 10 game between Loyola of Chicago and host Duquesne.
- The Moneyist: ‘This has bugged me all my life’: My estranged father gave me $1,000 a month to buy a house in California. My brother cried foul, and told me to stop. Who’s right?‘Should I have even informed my family of what my father was doing until after the house was paid and became a family asset?’
- MarketWatch First Take: Intel just had its worst year since the dot-com bust, and it won’t get better anytime soonHistory may be repeating itself as Intel has renewed competition with AMD amid a sharp economic downturn.
- Earnings Results: Visa rides a wave of spending to an earnings beatVisa shares gained more than 1% in after-hours trading Thursday after the financial-technology powerhouse topped earnings and revenue expectations for its latest quarter.
- : Gallo, the biggest U.S. wine company, to lay off 355 in CaliforniaE. & J. Gallo Winery, the nation's largest wine producer, will lay off more than 350 workers as it shifts its distribution in California.