The European Commission has approved, under the EU Merger Regulation, the acquisition of Renk AG of Germany by Triton Managers V Limited (“Triton Fund V”) of Jersey. Renk is active, among others, in manufacturing transmissions for...
- Cryptos: Ether hits new record high, crests $4,000 milestoneJust a week after topping $3,000 for the first time, Ether -- the cryptocurrency that runs on the ethereum blockchain -- passed another milestone at $4,000.
- : GLAAD says every top social-media site is ‘categorically unsafe’ for LGBTQ usersIn an interview with "Axios on HBO" that aired Sunday night, GLAAD President and CEO Sarah Kate Ellis said the sites -- which include Facebook and Instagram, Twitter, Alphabet's YouTube and TikTok -- don't do enough to protect LGBTQ users from being harassed and threatened.
- Cryptos: Elon Musk’s SpaceX to send dogecoin-funded satellite to the moonElon Musk may not have sent dogecoin's price to the moon with his "Saturday Night Live" appearance, but his SpaceX will accept the cryptocurrency to fund a lunar mission next year.
- In One Chart: Most Americans who view COVID-19 as a threat say they’re still likely to dine out at a restaurantPeople’s perception of how much of a risk COVID-19 poses continues to influence their decision-making even as vaccination rates improve, a new poll shows.
- Key Words: COVID-19 vaccine means future outbreaks should only be ‘blips,’ Fauci saysCOVID-19 vaccines are a "game-changer" that make future surges, like those seen last winter, unlikely to happen again, Dr. Anthony Fauci said Sunday.
- The Moneyist: I’m a disabled police officer. My wife persuaded me to sign a quitclaim deed so she could refinance our home at a better rate. Now she’s hinting at divorce‘My wife’s income is over $100,000. My income is under $15,000 per year. She has a 30-year pension coming, a 401(k), savings, and her checking account.'
- The Moneyist: I have a ‘mundane’ First World problem: Should I buy a $30,000 bracelet during a global pandemic?‘‘My husband said I should buy it.’
- The Moneyist: I have crypto FOMO! ‘I’m too old to sit and hope I can make up for the lost time by safely investing my little bit of money’‘I have a $3,000-a-month pension. I am living with my ill father, and I am currently not working and looking for a job. I am going to college using the GI Bill. I am almost 50, and have no 401(k).’
- The Moneyist: My friend set up a GoFundMe to pay for her sick pet, instead of getting a refund on our vacation. I canceled the trip. Who’s right?‘I felt wrong going on a trip that had been funded indirectly by others. In my world, one should not resort to GoFundMe until they have exhausted all other reasonable options.’
- The jobs report reveals two very different AmericasThe figures show a stark divide among workers, both in their ability to get jobs and hang onto them during the pandemic.