The European Islamic Investment Bank (EIIB) has declared its first exit from an extremely successful oil venture in the US.
London-based EIIB had invested $17.5 million in acquiring a 78 per cent stake in TriTech. TriTech has now decided to sell its as…
- Key Words: Climate activist Greta Thunberg chides Sen. Ted Cruz’s preference for a ‘Pittsburgh Accord’Teenage global climate-change activist Greta Thunberg, who can boast over 4.6 million followers on Twitter and her own postage stamp, welcomed U.S. President Joe Biden's return to the Paris Accord this week, and she didn't let a chance to rib Sen. Ted Cruz, who called resumption of U.S. membership anti-American, slip by.
- The Moneyist: My 70-year-old partner of 16 years refuses to put his bank accounts into both our names. What should I do?‘In 2008, we lost virtually everything in the Great Recession, and have rebuilt our assets into a reasonable position.'
- The Moneyist: I’m a single mom. I take my kids on trips. My mother says that’s crazy and I should be saving for a house. What do you think?‘Sometimes, I rent a hotel room by the beach, Las Vegas or other places that I think would be nice for us to see.'
- : Under President Biden, expect more aggressive oversight of the student-loan industryThe Biden administration will enlist the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau to tackle student-debt problems.
- : Yellen says raising minimum wage to $15 would have ‘minimal’ impact on jobs, but nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office disagreesRaising the minimum wage to $15 an hour would 'really help' struggling Americans make ends meet, Yellen said.
- : Americans are more likely to go on shopping sprees when the stock market is rising — why that’s a bad thing'A 10% rise in stock prices is associated with a rise in average spending of just under 1%,”'according to a report published by the JPMorgan Chase Institute.
- Earnings Results: Intel stock gains falter after hours as future plans addressedIntel Corp.'s stock rallied to close higher in the last minutes of trading Thursday after the chip maker unexpectedly released quarterly results before the end of the trading session, but the stock retreated in extended trading as the company addressed long-range plans.
- Earnings Results: IBM earnings and revenue continue to shrink, stock falls 6%While 2020 was an odd year, one thing remained the same: IBM earnings and sales continued to shrink.
- Key Words: Fauci calls reporting to Biden ‘liberating’ after ‘uncomfortable’ year with TrumpDr. Anthony Fauci admits it was awkward contradicting Trump administration’s coronavirus claims that weren’t based on science.
- : ‘Just because we’re undocumented does not mean we’re worth less than other people’: Will undocumented immigrants get COVID-19 vaccines?Experts anticipate several challenges to vaccinating undocumented immigrants.