The Bahrain Financial Exchange launched its Islamic Finance division with the establishment of Bait Al Bursa marking the creation of the region’s first exchange-operated platform dedicated to Islamic finance products.
Bait Al Bursa will offer Shariah-c…
- Key Words: Atari turns 50, and the godfather of video games talks about how to change the worldAtari founder Nolan Bushnell sits down for a chat with current Atari CEO Wade Rosen on the 50th anniversary of the founding of the iconic company.
- : Spirit shareholders should vote for Frontier offer, proxy adviser recommendsProxy adviser ISS reverses its position, supporting Frontier's improved offer for Spirit. Frontier and JetBlue have set their sights on the ultra-low-cost carrier.
- : ‘It’s nuts’: Realtors describe chaos in New York City’s hot rental marketAs workers and college students return to the city over summer, rental prices have shot up.
- The Conversation: Four ethical principles can help us reason about the morality of abortion, and the morality of denying women control over their own bodyA bioethicist argues that articulating our own values and understanding others’ can bring all sides of the abortion debate closer to a principled compromise.
- Metals Stocks: Gold futures end lower, while copper bounces after sharp selloffReports say the Group of Seven nations are planning to ban imports of gold from Russia, which was one of the world’s leading gold producers last year, according to the World Gold Council.
- Market Snapshot: U.S. stock indexes’ opening gains fizzle despite strong durables dataU.S. stock struggle for direction after last week's rebound as investors weigh stronger-than-expected data on durable-goods orders.
- The Ratings Game: Chewy’s ‘defensive’ business could shine as pets need food in any economic climate, says analystIn good and bad economic times, people need to buy pet food, and that's one reason Chewy Inc.'s stock may be worth a new look.
- : ‘Polluting the air we breathe’: Mechanic sentenced for selling thousands of devices that allowed trucks to bypass emission controls.Matthew Geouge raked in $10 million for selling the devices which made trucks produce hundreds of times more pollution, prosecutors said.
- FA Center: Why the 60/40 portfolio is a worthy strategy even though stocks and bonds are weakWidely used allocation has done poorly this year, but still gets the benefit of the doubt.
- BookWatch: Managers should let employees work from home or risk losing — and not attracting — top money-making talentThe disconnect between employers and employees is concerning -- and harms an organization's morale and profitability.