Syarikat Takaful Malaysia has put all future investments on hold until it gets a clearer picture on the newly-enforced Islamic Financial Services Act (IFSA). The takaful player had planned to make its first foray into the overseas property market last …
- Cannabis Watch: RIV Capital sees ‘operational challenges,’ opportunities in uncertain New York cannabis marketRIV Capital, backed by Scotts Miracle-Gro, sees opportunities despite uncertainty in the New York regulatory market and books $139 million impairment on acquisition of Etain
- Deep Dive: 20 dividend stocks with high yields that have become more attractive right nowREIT stocks have fallen more than the S&P 500, but a potential decline in interest rates next year may revive the sector.
- : ‘It was not sustainable or real’: Tech layoffs approach Great Recession levelsAs tech companies deal with lower stock prices, inflation, rising interest rates and a possible recession, they've announced tens of thousands of job cuts.
- The Margin: What is Giving Tuesday? 5 facts about how it started and how much money it raisesThe charity-focused day has also encouraged people to give in other ways, from donating blood to helping out a neighbor
- In One Chart: Tech hiring is slowing down — these two charts explain how and whyShares of Meta, Alphabet Inc., Amazon, Microsoft and others have all suffered after a string of earnings that disappointed Wall Street.
- The Moneyist: I’m a successful single mother who reconnected with my college sweetheart. His teenage kids have no college savings. Will I end up supporting him?'My daughter has a fully funded 529 plan set up by my parents. When we dated in college, money was always kind of a thing with him'
- MarketWatch First Take: Low water levels along Mississippi river an opportunity for railroads, says analystThe Mississippi River is a major conduit for barge traffic, but low water levels are causing problems for the barge industry.
- Next Avenue: Are you budgeting enough for your pet? 9 ways to control the costs of your furry friend.With inflation accelerating, it's important to your own financial well-being to pay closer attention to pet expenses. Here are 9 ways to rein in your pet budget
- Market Snapshot: U.S stocks sag for second day as investors gauge China zero-COVID policies and await Powell speechU.S. stocks are trading slightly lower in Tuesday trading, as investors gauge the chances that Beijing may ease its COVID-zero policies which provoked widespread protests over the weekend and added to investor worries about global economic growth.
- Coronavirus Update: IMF head joins chorus calling on China to adapt COVID strategy as officials pledge to boost vaccinations among elderlyThe head of the International Monetary Fund on Tuesday joined the chorus of people urging China to adopt a more targeted approach to the coronavirus pandemic.