Islamic financial institutions such as banks, insurance and property development should play an active role in finding ways on how waqaf, zakat and sadaqah could be exploited as intruments in the economic transformation of the Muslim ummah.
Sultan of K…
- : Gas prices fall below $4 per gallon for the first time in monthsThe average price for a gallon of gasoline has fallen below $4, according to a leading tracker of prices.
- Dow Jones Newswires: Siemens cuts outlook after swinging to $1.71 billion lossThe loss came after a EUR2.7 billion impairment on its investment in Siemens Energy and EUR600 million in Russia-related charges.
- Financial Crime: California man charged with naming phony film studio Desilu after famed ‘I Love Lucy’ production company to swindle investorsCharles Hensley claimed to be rich from creating the cold remedy Zicam, but was broke and used money from investors to line his pockets, prosecutors say.
- Tax Guy: Didn’t win the Mega Millions jackpot? You still need an estate plan — here’s what to doEstate plans are not just for the 'rich.'
- The Wall Street Journal: FTC set to launch effort to expand online privacy protection rulesThe Federal Trade Commission is expected to begin writing federal rules to expand online privacy protections as soon as Thursday, according to people familiar with the matter.
- : Do you have money you don’t need? Here are 8 ways to spend it.Treat this money -- and all your money -- with respect.
- : America’s biggest ports are still contending with record volume, indicating the country’s supply-chain woes are far from overThe congestion could ease as consumers slow their shopping amid inflation and concerns about the economy
- Earnings Results: Disney to raise streaming prices while launching ad-supported tier, stock pops as subscriber total tops NetflixWalt Disney Co. added more streaming subscribers than expected and topped Netflix Inc.'s total in the second quarter, and plans to launch an ad-supported tier while increasing prices on its current offerings before the end of the year.
- Earnings Results: Marqeta revenue forecast matches expectations, stock falls after earningsShares of Marqeta Inc. gained 6.5% in Wednesday's session, but they looked poised to give back those gains, based on after-market indications, after the company gave a revenue forecast for the current quarter that was roughly in line with expectations.
- Earnings Results: Applovin stock falls after outlook cut amid big offer for Unity SoftwareApplovin Inc. shares fell in the extended session Wednesday after the app-monetization company said it was rolling back its outlook for the year, a day after it offered to buy Unity Software Inc. for $20 billion.