Standard & Poor’s Ratings Service (S&P) has the strong oppinion that Turkey’s Islamic banks could persist recent strong growth if they can cultivate stronger ties with their international owners and create a sustainable brand image.
- The Escape Home: This is the affordable Caribbean paradise you need to visitWe recently wrote about why Mexico City should be on your travel bucket list. This week, The Escape Home’s Nicole Perrino writes about another capital city that is often overlooked in favor of all-inclusive resorts (which, yes, are beautiful, but tend to be … culturally bland?).
- Market Snapshot: S&P 500, Nasdaq snap 4-week win streaks as U.S. stocks drop and Treasury yields jumpU.S. stocks close lower Friday, with major benchmarks suffering weekly losses, as investors digested hawkish commentary out of the Federal Reserve and more than $2 trillion equity-linked options expired.
- Front Office Sports: Activist investor calls on Disney to spin off ESPNAn activist investor is calling on Disney to let one of the biggest names in sports media chart its own course.
- Personal Finance Daily: ‘Remote work is here to stay,’ says New York Federal Reserve and are we headed into a housing recession?Friday's top personal finance stories.
- Currencies: U.S. dollar is on fire and slicing through key technical levels `like a hot knife in butter’The U.S. dollar is on the upswing again and headed toward the year-to-date highs seen in mid-July following a period of relative dormancy for the last month.
- Bond Report: 10-year Treasury yield hits highest in month as Fed’s Barkin says officials will do what it takes to fight inflationU.S. bond yields rise Friday, sending the 10- and 30-year maturities up for a third straight week.
- : Survivors of gender-based violence need money to stay safe — but have a median of $0 in savings, new report says'Having $0 in savings means having absolutely no safety net to fall back on and no ability to safely plan for the future.'
- The Margin: HBO Max quietly pulls 200 ‘Sesame Street’ episodes to save money, angering parents and fansViewers shared their dismay on Twitter: 'You have to be a special kind of evil to remove episodes of Sesame Street of all things'
- Commodities Corner: Why natural-gas prices have climbed to a 14-year highNatural-gas futures climbed to their highest level in 14 years, with tight supplies in the U.S. and Russia’s move to reduce the flow of fuel to Europe pulling prices up for a second straight week.
- In One Chart: Here are the signs that the bear-market rally in stocks won’t last long – CitiStrategists at Citi Research say the current bear-market rally is in line with the length of an average bear-market bounce, and sentiments improved as much as it typically does. These signs suggest a possible end soon.