The members of the new Saudi Re’s Shari’ah Board are: Sheikh Dr. Abdulsattar Abu Ghuddah; Sheikh Dr. Mohamed Ali Elgari; and Sheikh Yousef Al-Farraj.
- Market Extra: It was the worst September for stocks since 2002. What that means for October.September more than lives up to its reputation as an ugly month for stocks. Here's what the data says about October performance.
- Market Extra: Why housing has ‘a lot of wiggle room’ in a recession, even if prices drop 15%The strong labor market and huge equity cushion for property owners will help insulate the housing market in a recession, says Al Otero, portfolio manager for HAUS, Armada ETF Advisors.
- Market Extra: What investors need to know about October’s complicated stock-market historyOctober has been described as a "bear killer," known for its historically strong returns. But also associated with historic crashes.
- What's Worth Streaming: Here’s what’s new to HBO Max in October 2022, and what’s leaving'The White Lotus,' 'Avenue 5' and 'Pennyworth' return for new seasons, while 'Inside Amy Schumer, 'Reno 911' and 'Key & Peele' are going away.
- The Moneyist: ‘Things are rocky between us’: My girlfriend and I sold our Florida home. Our $200,000 profit was wired to her account. She refuses to give me my fair share. What’s my next move?‘I'm getting pushback when I've asked for my share of the proceeds.’
- The Wall Street Journal: Futures exchange CME considers brokerage, taking cue from crypto rival FTXCME Group Inc. criticized crypto exchange FTX’s plan to cut out the middlemen in the futures markets. Now, the Chicago exchange giant is taking a step in the same direction.
- The Ratings Game: Bed Bath & Beyond eyes turnaround, but fundamentals and underlying trends remain ‘challenging,’ say analystsStruggling home-goods retailer and meme-stock phenomenon Bed Bath & Beyond reported its fiscal second-quarter results and touted its turnaround plan.
- Earnings Results: Nike stock drops 10% as execs predict cheaper clothing for at least the rest of the yearNike Inc. on Thursday reported earnings and sales that topped expectations, though margins took a hit during the quarter as freight costs, markdowns and the effects of a tougher foreign-exchange backdrop piled up.
- TaxWatch: Hurricane Ian victims now have until early 2023 for tax deadlines, including extensions on this year’s income-tax returns, IRS saysThe IRS has already pushed back the filing deadlines for other natural disasters, including Hurricane Fiona victims in Puerto Rico.
- Brett Arends's ROI: Looking for a cheap retirement spot? Europe is a good deal for AmericansThe skyrocketing dollar—and collapsing foreign exchange rates, including the pound, euro, yen and others—is good for retirees, and future retirees