Islamic finance seems to be starting to be implemented in Russia, although by very careful steps. The potential size of the market has received various estimates, from a modest 10 percent of the practicing Muslims to the whole ethnic Muslim population …
- Earnings Outlook: McDonald’s earnings haven’t been hit by higher prices, as ‘it just seems like Americans are more upset by the change in price at grocery stores’As McDonald's prepares to report fourth-quarter results on Tuesday with its stock close to record highs, Wall Street could get pickier about signs of growth.
- Economic Report: Fannie Mae chief economist sees house prices falling in 2023 and 2024 — here are the warning signs that prices will drop in your cityDoug Duncan of Fannie Mae predicts how housing market perform in 2023, and reveals why he believes prices will fall this year.
- Help My Career: ‘We don’t want to work for jerks’: A bad boss takes a heavy a toll on your mental health. (It’s the equivalent of being in a bad marriage.)When managers are more open about their own mental health journey, experts say it can help create a more inclusive and supportive environment.
- Tax Guy: My job is being eliminated and I will get a severance package. Is that considered income for IRS limits on Roth IRA contributions?'Is it possible to contribute to a new 401(k) account to get additional matching?'
- The Big Move: ‘We have 3 kids, and have rented a 2-bedroom house in Mississippi for 13 years’: Should we buy a home if the mortgage payments cost 30% of our monthly income?'We used to pay less than $600, and now they’re asking $975 for the same apartment without having had any upgrades,' this reader says.
- Help My Career: Commuting takes a big chunk out of the average worker’s day. So what do remote workers do with all that extra time?A large chunk of the time saved by not commuting is devoted to job-related activities, researchers said.
- The Moneyist: ‘This has bugged me all my life’: My estranged father gave me $1,000 a month to buy a house in California. My brother cried foul, and told me to stop. Who’s right?‘Should I have even informed my family of what my father was doing until after the house was paid and became a family asset?’
- : Want to be a homeowner in 2023 — or continue to rent and save for a down payment? Read this first.You may actually save money by renting for a little longer.
- The Moneyist: My sister-in-law emptied my late mother-in-law’s home. How do we stop our family from pillaging her estate?‘Do we, given that we are family, have a legal right to access the home? And if there is no outstanding loan on the car, can it be released?’
- The MarketWatch Q&A: Van Halen’s Sammy Hagar on making music, managing money — and drinking $80K bottles of wineLong before George Clooney got into tequila, this Rock & Roll Hall of Famer scored breakout hits in the spirits and hospitality worlds