Sedco Capital is launching its first annual investor forum for asset allocation. The title of the event is “Alternative Approaches to Asset Allocation — Strategic, Tactical and Dynamic.” Its purpose is to underline the dynamic process of establishing…
- Tax Guy: Strategies to lower your 2021 tax bill — and line up future tax savingsAmid uncertainty about proposed tax increases, these are the tax moves to consider before the end of the year.
- IPO Report: Cloud-storage company BackBlaze files for IPOBackBlaze says it is "designed to fulfill major unmet market needs, particularly among mid-market businesses."
- : Colin Powell’s death after a ‘breakthrough’ case of COVID-19 is already being used by anti-vaxxersThe vaccine reduces the likelihood of hospitalization and death should you contract the virus, studies show, and it also reduces the chances of you passing COVID-19 onto a more vulnerable friend or relative.
- : ‘The industry has been in denial’: As hotels recover from the pandemic, they’re planning how to compete with another threat — Airbnb'Typically the hospitality industry is the first to go down during an economic downturn, but is the strongest to come back.'
- : It’s time to prepare for shortages of bikes, toys — and more — this holiday seasonEfforts to unclog the supply chain ahead of the holiday season would have been better coming three or four months ago, one expert said
- TaxWatch: How America’s 1% build their wealthDemocratic lawmakers keep wrangling over the contents and price tag of a social safety-net package that would be funded by tax hikes on wealthy taxpayers.
- Extra Credit: Companies have a new weapon in the hunt for talent: free college degrees. Why it’s important to read the fine printThe benefit, which has been gaining traction over the past few years, saw a recent boost as companies vie for workers.
- : 19 states offered million-dollar lotteries to increase COVID vaccination rates — this research says they didn’t workThere was 'no statistically significant association' between a cash-drawing announcement and the number of vaccinations, JAMA study suggests.
- Financial Crime: Michigan men charged with stealing $1.5 million worth of textbooks from Amazon’s rental service — and selling them for cashThe group would allegedly rent the books under fake names and using prepaid Visa cards, prosecutors said.
- Financial Crime: Colombian man sentenced to prison after being caught driving ‘narco submarine’ full of cocaine — for the second timeCoast Guard officers found over 4,000 pounds of cocaine worth $35 million aboard the submersible after a dangerous encounter at sea, prosecutors say.