Directors and chief executives have a fiduciary responsability to their investors, customers, employees and the general public.
Nabil El Hage is a former Harvard Professor argued several real life cases to put accent the issues, followed by a discussio…
- Distributed Ledger: Will ether price fall after the ‘Merge’ in September?A weekly look at the most important moves and news in crypto and what's on the horizon in digital assets.
- : Semiconductor companies have split into two groups — the resilient and the riskyEven outperformers including AMD and Nvidia face a slowdown in some segments after years of surging demand.
- Bond Report: Ten-year Treasury yield rises to highest level in three weeks despite signs of cooler inflationTen- and 30-year Treasury yields rose on Thursday with investors expressing concern that the market may be too optimistic in betting the Federal Reserve will ease the pace of interest rate rises despite signs of easing U.S. inflation.
- TaxWatch: Yes, the IRS is hiring criminal investigators that can use deadly force — but here’s some contextThe IRS would be poised to get $80 billion over a decade if the Inflation Reduction Act passes.
- The Tell: Rising real yields may squelch U.S. stock market’s outperformance relative to rest of world, economist saysJames Reilly of Capital Economics expects U.S. real, or inflation-adjusted, yields to resume their rise shortly and possibly end the outperformance of stocks.
- Outside the Box: Sensible stock investors put their money on a company’s real profits — not Wall Street’s false prophetsPeople are enchanted by charismatic personalities — some who peddle advice, some who run companies.
- Key Words: Whole Foods CEO says ‘socialists are taking over’ American institutions‘They're marching through the institutions … It looks like they've taken over a lot of the corporations,’ outgoing CEO John Mackey said in a podcast interview.
- Brett Arends's ROI: Scary ads claiming Medicare is being stripped by $300 billion are playing youMystery group tries to scare seniors with '$300 billion' claim about Medicare
- : After COVID-19, should senior citizens be worried about monkeypox?Anyone with compromised immune systems or comorbidities should be vigilant about monkeypox.
- : We are in our 80s and want to transfer ownership of some homes to our children. How should we do this in a tax-advantageous way?The focus on the adult children's taxes sounds noble, but the bigger question is what works best for the givers.