Leading Islamic finance scholars are preparing the first global certification for Shariah experts, seeking to bolster the industry’s reputation and make it easier for banks to find qualified advisers. The International Shariah Research Academy for Is…
- The Moneyist: ‘I missed the bus on Bitcoin, but now feel like my time has come. I have another 25 years of a boring 9-to-5 job.’ Is the crypto crash an opportunity to buy low?‘I sit here day after day, doing the same old drudgery, and I want to have some hope that I may have an exit strategy.’
- Financial Face-Off: With soaring gas prices and inflation, should you take a vacation or ‘staycation’?The decision on whether — and where — to take a vacation can have serious financial implications.
- : 5 ways the housing market left buyers in the dust — and it’s not over yetA look at the frenzy that went on in the housing market, as chronicled in a new report by the Harvard Joint Center for Housing Studies.
- The Moneyist: ‘These are not my ideal living arrangements’: My husband and I live in his mother’s home. She will leave it to him when she dies. Do I have a claim on this home?'It’s not wise to put money into a house that is not in my name.'
- : ‘This hurricane season could be particularly severe for the U.S. Gulf Coast’: These cities have homes with the highest risk of storm damageHomes in New York and Miami are likely to be most hit by hurricanes this season, according to CoreLogic.
- The Moneyist: ‘I feel bad that I’ll be taking most of his income’: I make twice what my boyfriend does. He pays me $300 in rent, but I want him to pay $800. Is that fair?'It’s not like I need the money. I just think it’s fair that he pays his way.'
- : Americans are feeling increasingly uncomfortable about their savings as inflation takes its tollAmericans are better positioned with their emergency savings now than they were a year ago, but they're feeling uneasy.
- : Roe v. Wade overturned: When do abortion-ban trigger laws go into effect?The Supreme Court's ruling in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization will have a seismic and swift impact.
- The Human Cost: ‘There’s no safe haven anywhere’: Crypto hackers are everywhere. Will the crypto crash make them even worse? One man tells how he fell victim.People have lost over $1 billion to crypto scammers since 2021, regulators say.
- Key Words: ‘This is a dark day for American democracy’: Women’s groups react to Supreme Court overturning Roe v. WadeC. Nicole Mason, CEO of the Institute for Women’s Policy Research, a nonprofit that supports abortions rights, criticized the Supreme Court's decision.