As soon as the Central Bank of Oman grants the National Bank of Oman the final guidelines and the necessary approvals, the latter can offer Islamic Banking products. Also, it has launched its own Sharia compliant brand named ‘Muzn’.
- The Moneyist: ‘We have different values’: My husband took out a $50,000 car loan. What about spending money on our kids?"We have two young kids. They're at the age when we should be sending them to extracurricular classes or camps that they are interested in."
- Dow Jones Newswires: China’s industrial profit jumps in AugustChina's industrial profit jumped in August, while the decline in profit for the first eight months eased, thanks to broad-based improvement in profitability, official data showed Wednesday.
- Dow Jones Newswires: Alibaba’s logistics unit files for Hong Kong IPOAlibaba Group Holding's e-commerce logistics arm has filed an initial prospectus for an initial public offering in Hong Kong.
- Dow Jones Newswires: Oracle Corp. Japan shares rise sharply after quarterly profit climbs on cloud businessOracle Corp. Japan shares rose sharply Wednesday morning after first-quarter net profit grew on the strength of the cloud business.
- The Moneyist: ‘I’ve sacrificed my career’: My husband and I may divorce soon, but he will inherit $1 million. How do I make sure I get half?‘He plays golf. I stay home. He gets a promotion. I take our child to birthday parties and after-school activities.’
- : Fed rate cuts could come sooner than expected, says former Goldman CEO Lloyd BlankfeinYou don't need 5.5% interest rates when inflation gets down to the high 2% yearly range, says former Goldman Sachs chairman and CEO Lloyd Blankfein.
- The Ratings Game: Could a break-up of Amazon be good for the stock? Analysts weigh in after FTC lawsuit.An analyst downplayed the potential risk if FTC's lawsuit against Amazon — even if the online retailer gets broken up.
- : Videogame stocks outperform broader market slightly as actors strike threatens to spread to game publishersVideogame stocks performed slightly better than the broader market Tuesday after striking actors voted late Monday to possibly expand their strike.
- : Retailers talk a lot about rising theft. But a retail industry report finds a key metric for it hasn’t increased that much.A retail-industry report released Tuesday found that a key metric used to gauge theft only rose modestly last year.
- BookWatch: Can a new Luddite rebellion rise against Big Tech? ‘We’re in a place where trouble could find us pretty quickly,’ author says.Book re-examines textile workers' uprising against the use of technology to erase jobs centuries ago, with an eye on similar problems stemming from AI.