Nakheel PJSC’s plan to offer Islamic bonds to creditors may revive sukuk trading in the Persian Gulf after new sales fell to a five-year low, according to Moody’s Investors Service and Mashreq Capital DIFC Ltd. Thomas Barry said that contractors ar…
- : Hollywood writers reportedly near deal with studios to end strikeHollywood writers and studios are reportedly near an agreement to end one of the months-long strikes that have brought production of TV shows and movies to a halt.
- MarketWatch First Take: Instacart shares slump to their IPO price as investors have second thoughtsIPO investors, who are focused on growth potential, appear to have some reservations about Instacart.
- Dow Jones Newswires: Toshiba to go private after shareholders back takeover proposalToshiba Corp. said Thursday that a tender offer to take the company private ended successfully.
- Earnings Results: KB Home stock slips despite earnings beat, raised forecast and ‘steady’ demandKB Home shares declined after hours Wednesday following an earnings beat, a hiked revenue forecast, and reported steady demand amid rising mortgage rates.
- : UAE oil exec and leader of COP28 climate summit tells U.N., energy industry to ‘get after gigatons’ of emissionsSultan Al Jaber, an executive in an oil industry responsible for the bulk of Earth-warming pollution, tells the U.N., "we are not powerless" in emissions fight.
- Earnings Results: FedEx cites ‘upside’ from UPS labor negotiations and Yellow’s bankruptcy — but Postal Service is giving it a run for its moneyShares of FedEx rallied after hours on Wednesday after the package deliverer raised its full-year profit outlook.
- : The return-to-office battle just hit a tipping point that gave companies a winCompanies’ push to bring more workers back into the office is showing initial signs of working, according to one important indicator.
- : There’s one culprit for U.S. airlines’ steeper losses, and it’s not lack of demandU.S. airlines have entered one of their "shoulder" season, but their post-Labor Day doldrums are entirely up to rising fuel prices.
- : Barbie and Wednesday Addams are hot Halloween costumes as Americans expected to spend over $4 billion dressing up this yearOverall Halloween spending is expected to break a record $12.2 billion this year, the National Retail Federation reports, with the average person spending $108.
- : Canopy Growth’s stock falls back below $1 after 46 million shares are registered for saleCanopy Growth's stock dropped back below the $1 mark Wednesday after the cannabis company registered roughly 46 million shares for sale to the public.