BARWA Bank is pleased to announce the appointment of its Board of Directors (the “Board”). The nine strong Board will be chaired by H.E. Sheikh Mohammed Bin Hamad Bin Jassim Al-Thani, and consists of the following members:Chairman: H.E. Sheikh Mohammed…
- Dow Jones Newswires: U.K. consumer confidence improves to highest level since January 2022Consumer confidence in the U.K. improved in September to the most optimistic level in more than a year and a half, a signal of improving prospects for the country's economy and that pressures on household spending could be easing, according to a survey published Friday.
- MarketWatch First Take: By buying Splunk, Cisco is closer to becoming a software companyCisco's plan for 50% of its revenue to come from software by fiscal 2025 is still on track
- Dow Jones Newswires: Nippon Television acquires iconic animation company Studio GhibliNippon Television Holdings shares rose sharply Friday morning following its plan to acquire shares in Studio Ghibli to make the animation powerhouse a subsidiary.
- Dow Jones Newswires: Japan’s overall consumer prices continued to rise more than 3% in AugustJapan's overall consumer prices rose 3.2% from a year earlier in August, staying above the Bank of Japan's inflation target for 2%, government data showed Friday.
- : UAW strike: Additional walkouts could be announced FridayUnited Auto Workers President Shawn Fain is scheduled to announce at 10 a.m. Eastern time Friday where the union's members will strike next starting at noon if no significant progress is made in negotiations with the Big Three.
- Dow Jones Newswires: Faraday Future’s top execs agree to salary deduction, stock-purchase agreement planFaraday Future Intelligent Electric said on Thursday that several of its executives have voluntarily entered into salary deduction and stock purchase agreement plan.
- : Adidas CEO has apologized for remarks about Kanye West, ADL head saysAdidas Chief Executive Bjorn Gulden has apologized for recent remarks downplaying rapper Kanye West's anti-Semitic rants last year.
- The Ratings Game: Here’s why Cisco may want to close the Splunk deal sooner rather than laterCisco Systems Inc. finally followed through on a long-rumored target Thursday when it announced it will acquire cybersecurity company Splunk Inc. for $28 billion in cash, but it may want to close the deal soon.
- : Medical debt should be fully removed from credit reports, Biden administration says'Why should creditors see your medical bills at all?' asked Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Director Rohit Chopra.
- Mark Hulbert: The U.S. could be in a recession and we just don’t know it yetDifference between two consumer sentiment measures indicates a slowing U.S. economy.