1,486,839 sold vehicles since the beginning of the year (+12.4%) Sales record for the eleventh consecutive month in 2014 (150,742 units, +13.0%) Strong growth in demand in the European markets C-Class Sedan...
- MarketWatch First Take: Earnings show cloud and security software are not immune to the economic downturnCloud-computing companies have shown that they are not recession-proof, with many reporting either disappointing earnings or a weaker outlook in the past few days as quarterly earnings season nears its conclusion.
- Distributed Ledger: It’s the Wild West in crypto. Does anyone want to be sheriff?The latest Distributed Ledger columns from MarketWatch. A weekly look at the most important moves and news in crypto.
- : Tesla stock ends flat ahead of Semi electric-truck launchShares of Tesla Inc. end flat on Thursday, seeming to ignore a potential catalyst later in the day with the electric-vehicle maker launching its electric commercial truck, the Semi, after years of delays.
- The Moneyist: I’m a new mother, and can’t afford to pay $400 to attend a friend’s bachelorette party. Another friend backed out. Should I reconsider?‘I declined to stay with the group in part due to my postpartum depression, not being with my child and finances.’
- Earnings Results: Zscaler stock drops 10% on conservative guidance, as it’s taking longer to close dealsZscaler Inc. stock fell in the extended session Thursday after the cybersecurity company said longer sales cycles and other headwinds contributed to its conservative guidance, one slightly above the Wall Street consensus.
- Crypto: Bitcoin dips below $17,000 ahead of October jobs dataAfter a short rally above $17,000, bitcoin dips again, but is stabilizing above $16,000, says analyst.
- Market Extra: Blackstone limits investor redemptions on $70 billion real-estate fund: shareholder letterBlackstone Real Estate Income Trust sees concentrated redemption requests from Asian investors, helping trigger monthly and quarterly redemption caps.
- The Margin: Looking for a killer job? New York City is seeking to hire a ‘rat czar.’The city is looking for a director of rodent mitigation --- in short, a “rat czar." It’s a position that will require “the drive, determination and killer instinct needed to fight the real enemy --- New York City’s relentless rat population,” according to the job posting.
- Outside the Box: The key word for investors to decipher the Fed’s next move is ‘moderation,’ strategist Ed Yardeni says.Financial markets are taking comfort from Jerome Powell's words, but the Fed chairman has made it clear that the Fed will 'stay the course.'
- Earnings Results: UiPath stock pops as results top Street viewUiPath Inc. shares rallied in the extended session Thursday after the “software robot” provider's quarterly results and outlook topped Wall Street estimates.