Swiss private bank Lombard Odier aims to more than double its business stemming from the Middle East and is considering local partnerships to that end, a senior executive said. Lombard Odier has had ties to the oil-rich region since the 1970s but only …
- The Moneyist: ‘I missed the bus on Bitcoin, but now feel like my time has come. I have another 25 years of a boring 9-to-5 job.’ Is the crypto crash an opportunity to buy low?‘I sit here day after day, doing the same old drudgery, and I want to have some hope that I may have an exit strategy.’
- Financial Face-Off: With soaring gas prices and inflation, should you take a vacation or ‘staycation’?The decision on whether — and where — to take a vacation can have serious financial implications.
- : 5 ways the housing market left buyers in the dust — and it’s not over yetA look at the frenzy that went on in the housing market, as chronicled in a new report by the Harvard Joint Center for Housing Studies.
- The Moneyist: ‘These are not my ideal living arrangements’: My husband and I live in his mother’s home. She will leave it to him when she dies. Do I have a claim on this home?'It’s not wise to put money into a house that is not in my name.'
- : ‘This hurricane season could be particularly severe for the U.S. Gulf Coast’: These cities have homes with the highest risk of storm damageHomes in New York and Miami are likely to be most hit by hurricanes this season, according to CoreLogic.
- The Moneyist: ‘I feel bad that I’ll be taking most of his income’: I make twice what my boyfriend does. He pays me $300 in rent, but I want him to pay $800. Is that fair?'It’s not like I need the money. I just think it’s fair that he pays his way.'
- : Americans are feeling increasingly uncomfortable about their savings as inflation takes its tollAmericans are better positioned with their emergency savings now than they were a year ago, but they're feeling uneasy.
- : Roe v. Wade overturned: When do abortion-ban trigger laws go into effect?The Supreme Court's ruling in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization will have a seismic and swift impact.
- The Human Cost: ‘There’s no safe haven anywhere’: Crypto hackers are everywhere. Will the crypto crash make them even worse? One man tells how he fell victim.People have lost over $1 billion to crypto scammers since 2021, regulators say.
- Key Words: ‘This is a dark day for American democracy’: Women’s groups react to Supreme Court overturning Roe v. WadeC. Nicole Mason, CEO of the Institute for Women’s Policy Research, a nonprofit that supports abortions rights, criticized the Supreme Court's decision.