The Islamic Bank of Britain (IBB) launches a rent only plan, that means a variable rental rate product which is available to landlords of any faith with a deposit of 35 per cent and at a rental rate of 5.49 per cent. The plan offers financing between £30,000 and £500,000 on a minimum property value of £90,000. According to IBB head of sales and services Imran Pasha, there is a growing demand from landlords for Sharia compliant property finance.
- General News: Goldman Sachs is launching a new trading platform as an insurance policy. Here’s why.Goldman Sachs is being forced to open a new stock trading hub in Paris, due to uncertainty surrounding Brexit and London’s future as a European stock trading center.
- The Wall Street Journal: Slack shares skyrocket 38% on report of possible Salesforce purchaseSalesforce.com Inc. is in advanced talks to buy Slack Technologies Inc., according to people familiar with the matter, a deal that would unite a giant in business software with a buzzy newcomer on a mission to replace office email.
- The Wall Street Journal: U.S. grants TikTok another extension for divesture dealFederal officials have granted TikTok and its Chinese parent ByteDance Ltd. a weeklong extension of a deadline for completing a divestiture deal, in another delay of the Trump administration’s effort to turn the social-media app into an American company.
- Business in the Age of COVID-19: The pandemic has more than doubled food-delivery apps’ business. Now what?Delivery apps have become more important for both business owners and their customers as more people order takeout and groceries during the coronavirus pandemic.
- NewsWatch: Legendary investor called this stock market a ‘Real McCoy’ bubble, and now Jeremy Grantham’s fund is trailing the S&P 500 by 14 percentage pointsJeremy Grantham, co-founder and chief investment strategist at Boston-based money manager Grantham, Mayo, Van Otterloo & Co., has seen his fund badly trail the broader stock market in 2020.
- The Moneyist: If you must talk politics at Thanksgiving dinner, follow these rules of engagement‘Thanksgiving dinner doesn’t need two headless chickens fighting over the soul of the nation’
- Personal Finance Daily: Thanksgiving is increasingly bleak for many food pantries this year and the best Black Friday deals at WalmartWednesday’s top personal finance stories
- : Trump asks Pennsylvania lawmakers to ‘turn around’ election results during GOP event in GettysburgPresident Trump addressed an audience of Republican state legislators and other supporters at the Wyndham Hotel in Gettysburg this afternoon.
- Market Snapshot: Nasdaq ends at record, but Dow closes below 30,000 milestone on Thanksgiving eveU.S. stocks closed mixed Wednesday, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average retreating slightly from its historic close above a milestone at 30,000 on the day before the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Project Syndicate: The forward-looking stock market celebrates the vaccine news, but the real economy will struggle this winterFor a still vulnerable U.S. economy now in the grips of predictable aftershocks, the case for a relapse, or a double-dip, before mid-2021 is all the more compelling.