Strong investor demand and a need to improve capital adequacy ratios are causing Turkey’s Islamic banks to consider issuing subordinated sukuk. Ibrahim Oguducu, head of the financial institutions business at Bank Asya, said longer-tenor subordinated su…
- Market Extra: Bank workers could get COVID vaccines before most AmericansBank workers could receive a COVID-19 vaccine before those over 65 and other adults with medical issues.
- Market Extra: A popular stock-market indicator flashes red as Dow soars to records FridayAn often-cited measure of stock valuations, popularized by Warren Buffett, is affirming a growing fear on Wall Street: equity prices are richer than their fundamental underpinnings.
- Biden wants Americans to wear masks for 100 days — do they protect against COVID-19 or merely promote healthy behavior?‘Modeling suggests that near universal masking could prevent 180,000 COVID-19 deaths,’ one expert told MarketWatch.
- The Wall Street Journal: Netflix sued by Activision Blizzard for allegedly poaching its former CFOActivision Blizzard Inc. is suing Netflix Inc. for allegedly poaching its former finance chief and causing competitive harm, citing a pattern of behavior by the streaming giant.
- : Billionaires and philanthropy bigwigs want Congress to fix tax laws so charities can get more money fasterThe Ford Foundation and philanthropist Kat Taylor, the wife of former Democratic presidential candidate Tom Steyer, are among those who say they want to 'accelerate charitable giving.'
- The Moneyist: ‘It was hell!’ I stayed in an Airbnb on my parents’ street for Thanksgiving. My mom pleaded with me NOT to write a bad review. What do I do?‘We couldn’t believe what awaited us: unflushed toilets, dirty dishes in the dishwasher and uneaten food in the refrigerator.’
- : Student loan payment pause extended through January 31The announcement means borrowers will get at least one more month of reprieve from their loans.
- Want your loved one in a nursing home to get a COVID-19 vaccine? Ask these questions firstThere are approximately 3 million people living in long-term care facilities, according to the CDC.
- : U.K. authorized COVID-19 vaccine so fast because it’s a ‘much better country’ than America, concludes member of Boris Johnson cabinetBrexit was also claimed by health minister Matt Hancock as a reason for the U.K.’s rapid approval of the Pfizer-BioNtech vaccine — not a view shared by Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
- NewsWatch: A popular stock-market indicator flashes red as Dow soars to records FridayAn often-cited measure of stock valuations, popularized by Warren Buffett, is affirming a growing fear on Wall Street: equity prices are richer than their fundamental underpinnings.