Islamic derivatives are still struggling to gain traction in the Gulf, six months after the launch of a much-touted over-the-counter contract aimed at creating a standard legal framework for hedging products. Experts said the contract, known as the Tah…
- : Cards Against Humanity skipped its annual Black Friday critique of capitalism and found something newIn previous years, the card-game maker has sold everything from potato chips to bull feces on Black Friday to criticize capitalism.
- Dispatches from a Pandemic: The lines for COVID-19 tests are longer than the lines for Black Friday shopping'It was kind of funny to be in a long line so early in the morning on Black Friday, and not even be making a gift purchase,' said one person who woke up at 4 a.m. to get in line to be tested for coronavirus.
- : Remember, COVID-19 spread when 5 million people left Wuhan for Chinese New Year — yet an estimated 50 million Americans traveled for ThanksgivingNearly 265,000 people have died in the U.S. from the coronavirus.
- Dispatches from a Pandemic: Pope Francis takes aim at anti-mask protesters: ‘They are incapable of moving outside of their own little world’The Spanish Steps are free of tourists. The Trevi Fountain is blocked off with yellow ‘caution’ tape. Two nuns cut a dramatic silhouette across an empty Peter’s Square.
- The Moneyist: My mother left a home in Savannah, Ga., on 5 acres. I want to sell. My brother threatened to sue me for harassment and ‘ruin me.’‘My sister also does not want to sell the property because it has been in the family for 90 years.’
- CityWatch: ‘How did your hospital reward you for being essential, and what type of
pizza was it?’New York’s 'health-care heroes' confront the coming COVID-19 onslaught
- MarketWatch Premium: 30 dividend stocks selected for value as the U.S. economy gathers steamJohn Buckingham of The Prudent Speculator investment newsletter provides a special screen of stocks for MarketWatch premium subscribers.
- The Conversation: What to know about Parler, the social-media platform that is now attracting millions of Trump supportersParler's members have doubled to 10 million during the month of November.
- NewsWatch: Man who called Dow 20,000 says 3 factors will make 2021 ‘a very good year’ for stocksJeremy Siegel, the Wharton professor credited for calling Dow 20,000 in 2015, predicted that the market could be in for a solid gain in the coming year based on three factors.
- Key Words: Man who called Dow 20,000 says 3 factors will make 2021 ‘a very good year’ for stocksJeremy Siegel, the Wharton professor credited for calling Dow 20,000 in 2015, predicted that the market could be in for a solid gain in the coming year based on three factors.