Since the collaboration between the Ethica Institute of Islamic Finance and Haifx Consult is working properly, professionals mow have local access to global Islamic finance certification at subsidized rates. The partnership includes on-the-ground Islam…
- The Moneyist: I didn’t feel well last month and asked my housekeeper to stay home. I am nervous about having her come back. She asked for unpaid wages. What should I do?‘I would like to help her, but I thought she was self-employed and, therefore, knew her income would fluctuate.’
- Market Extra: Which stock markets and asset exchanges are closed on Good Friday and Easter Monday?It won’t be your typical Easter, or Passover, on Wall Street, in the era of COVID-19, the deadly pandemic that has forced a global shutdown of businesses and caused governments to impose social-distancing measures to curb the spread of the disease.
- Coronavirus update: 1.39 million cases globally, 79,091 dead; Wuhan, China, reports zero deaths for first time since JanuaryThe Chinese city of Wuhan reported zero deaths Tuesday from the coronavirus that causes COVID-19 for the first time since January, raising hopes that China’s extraordinary containment measures are having an effect and could be reproduced elsewhere.
- Fauci says he thinks schools will be able to reopen in the fallDr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute for Allergy and Infection Diseases, said Tuesday he thinks that scholls will be able to reopen in the fall.
- Business in the Age of COVID-19: Netflix in the age of COVID-19: Streaming pioneer may have new edge on competitionWhile most prominent tech companies are fretting about the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, Netflix Inc. may become even more important in the daily lives of Americans forced to stay at home and in front of their televisions.
- In One Chart: Biggest stock-market price swings since 1929 make for tough trading environmentDaily U.S. stock market volatility is no illusion. Analysts at Bespoke Investment Group note that average daily price swings over the past five weeks are the largest since the aftermath of the 1929 crash.
- Business in the Age of COVID-19: Disney in the age of COVID-19: For now, Disney+ may be the only plusPerhaps no company faces a greater existential financial crisis in the age of COVID-19 than Walt Disney Co., a legendary company built on social interaction that may find its newest business offers the most immediate relief.
- Coronavirus is hitting black Americans hardest, White House saysThe coronavirus is hitting African Americans hardest,the White House says, citing new research.
- Key Words: Goldman analyst who predicted the coronavirus would kill the bull market says ‘risk to the downside is greater’ despite Dow’s recent rallyDavid Kostin says bullishness for the stocks don’t necessarily signify an all -clear sign for investors looking for a path higher for a coronavirus-stricken market.
- CityWatch: New York governor looks to antibody testing as a potential means to get people back to workA state-run lab in Albany developed the new antibody-testing regimen, but accuracy is a concern.