Since the collaboration between the Ethica Institute of Islamic Finance and Haifx Consult is working properly, professionals mow have local access to global Islamic finance certification at subsidized rates. The partnership includes on-the-ground Islam…
- : Tyre Nichols, George Floyd and police brutality: Time for a public-union reckoning?Police unions are top of mind, says Philip Howard, but all labor organizing within the public sector—teachers and transit workers included—needs rethinking.
- Key Words: California reparations push needs to be a ‘game-changer,’ author of bill saysCalifornia Secretary of State Shirley Weber spoke to the state's groundbreaking reparations task force Friday at the beginning of a meeting in San Diego.
- Earnings Outlook: AMD earnings face even more scrutiny after ‘astonishingly bad’ Intel outlookAdvanced Micro Devices Inc. gets to show Wall Street in the coming week if it "certainly" did end 2022 in a better place.
- : S&P downgrades Bed Bath & Beyond, says beleaguered retailer has ‘insufficient funds’ to repay its financial obligations“We expect the company will experience a general default and pursue a comprehensive debt restructuring,” says S&P Global Ratings.
- : Tech stocks are having their best January in decades — here’s why that may not be a good signTechnology stocks are on quite a tear to start 2023, but that could actually be an ominous signal.
- The Ratings Game: American Express stock enjoys best day since 2020 after earnings show strong spending in holiday quarterAmerican Express Co. exceeded $50 billion in annual revenue last year, buoyed by continued strong spending levels among its customer base
- Market Snapshot: U.S. stocks end higher, tech-heavy Nasdaq scores fourth straight week of gains as Fed meeting loomsU.S. stocks end higher, with the technology-heavy Nasdaq Composite leading the way up, as investors assessed fresh inflation data.
- The Moneyist: ‘We just want this to be settled’: My sister-in-law emptied my late mother-in-law’s home. How do we stop our family from pillaging her estate?‘Do we, given that we are family, have a legal right to access the home? And if there is no outstanding loan on the car, can it be released?’
- : ‘Timing couldn’t be worse’: Inflation is easing, but more people are using credit cards for unexpected expenses — and the next Fed meeting will raise borrowing costsFed watchers expect another 25 basis point rate increase next week.
- In One Chart: How to get a 6% return in bonds this year, according to GuggenheimThis straightforward strategy could get investors a return of nearly 6% in the bond market this year, according to Guggenheim Partners.