Gatehouse Bank plc (Gatehouse), a wholesale Shariah compliant investment bank in the City of London, recorded another successful property acquisition with the completion of the £32.65 million acquisition of the InterContinental Hotels Group Global Hea…
- MarketWatch First Take: HP, Dell results buoyed again by work-from-home trend, but are they sustainable?Both Hewlett-Packard Inc. and Dell Technologies Inc. both reported strong results, as the working from home trend in the pandemic continued to boost the results of their PC businesses.
- : Biden says immigration bill, overturning Trump’s executive orders will be priorities in first 100 daysBiden tells NBC News on Tuesday he'll seek a bill that provides "a pathway to citizenship for over 11 million undocumented people in America."
- : Hundreds of Americans have jumped at the chance to move their home offices to Barbados under ‘Welcome Stamp’ programThe Barbados Welcome Stamp has drawn 675 applications from U.S. citizens.
- : U.K.’s ‘Test to Release’ option can cut travelers’ quarantine time to five days — and make Christmas in England a possibility againInternational arrivals to England will be able to cut their quarantine from 14 days to five with a private COVID test that costs up to $160.
- : Lucky, stressed and ready to graduate: How 4 college students spent an unprecedented fall semesterOne is taking time off, another is racing to graduate, and one took classes while living in a state park on an island.
- Dispatches from a Pandemic: Pope Francis takes aim at anti-mask protestors: ‘They are incapable of moving outside of their own little world’In his new book, the pontiff asks, ‘What matters more — to take care of people or keep the financial system going?’
- From jobs to child care: How this second surge in COVID-19 can damage your finances — as well as your healthMore people were having trouble getting enough food on the table in early November compared to five weeks earlier.
- Janet Yellen is poised to become Treasury secretary in a Biden cabinet — and here’s what that means for cash-strapped American families‘We are in for very, very rough economic times,’ one analyst tells MarketWatch.
- Key Words: Dr. Fauci on Cuomo’s decision to review vaccines for New Yorkers after FDA approval: ‘Trust the process’The veteran immunologist in a Washington Post video interview: ‘The numbers can be stark, sobering and, in many cases, they can be frightening.’
- The Moneyist: I gave my daughter $20K to start a company with her husband. They divorced and he got the business. Can I ask for it back?The Moneyist replies: ‘I understand why this might stick in your craw, and you feel that the return of that money would be the right and proper course of action.’