National Takaful Company “Watania” was advised by Allen & Overy on its Initial Public Offering (IPO).
The date of the public launch was 18 April 2011 and corresponded 55% of the total share capital of Dhs150m.
Ibrahim Mubaydeen, managing partner of…
- The Moneyist: My ex-husband moved in. He pays $150 for cable, his only expense, and gives me the silent treatment if I ask him to pay for dinner‘I was doing great on my own with the kids. I managed to get an apartment, pay for health insurance and even continue with my youngest son’s private school.’
- The Moneyist: My friend set up a GoFundMe to pay for her sick pet, instead of getting a refund on our vacation. I canceled the trip. Who’s right?‘I felt wrong going on a trip that had been funded indirectly by others. In my world, one should not resort to GoFundMe until they have exhausted all other reasonable options.’
- Why are ‘Karens’ so angry?Some people say memes of white women confronting people of color provide a handle on behaviors born of racist entitlement, while others point to misogyny and economic disenfranchisement.
- Key Words: Is it time to start easing indoor mask mandates? Ex-FDA chief Scott Gottlieb thinks soIn an interview Thursday night with CNBC's Shepard Smith, Gottlieb, who led the Food and Drug Administration from 2017-'19, said easing rules now will strengthen the CDC's credibility later
- Outside the Box: Should you buy Netflix stock? Here’s why it’s only worth half of its current priceNetflix will keep losing market share, and it can't monetize content like its rivals can.
- In One Chart: Stock buybacks top $200 billion in April, the second-highest monthly total since Trump’s tax cutsA near-record barrage of stock buyback programs have been announced as companies blow past first-quarter earnings estimates.
- Howard Gold's No-Nonsense Investing: If you want to own international stocks, invest in these 3 countries instead of ChinaAustralia, New Zealand and South Africa have beaten the world for 120 years.
- : Former Google energy head has her sights on filling multi-trillion-dollar gap in EV charging networkThe executive instrumental in making Alphabet's Google the largest global corporate buyer of renewable energy is now looking to propel the nation's fleet vehicles --- from buses to long-haul trucks to delivery vans --- onto an electrical grid that will need a major update.
- Earnings Results: Vimeo drives IAC to an earnings beat ahead of planned spinoffIAC/InterActiveCorp. topped quarterly earnings expectations Thursday, with its Vimeo business posting accelerating revenue growth amid continued demand for video software during the pandemic.
- : ‘An independent thinker’: Yale CIO David Swensen, a legend in institutional investing, is remembered for his courage and innovationYale President Peter Salovey announced Thursday that Swensen died Wednesday evening.