Difficult funding in Europe is making Middle East issuers to tap the still-liquid Islamic finance markets for funds.
Dubai-based Emirates Islamic Bank issued a $500 million, five-year Islamic bond with a yield of 4.718%, while Abu Dhabi-based First Gul…
- Dispatches from a Pandemic: It’s 2:30 a.m. in Wyoming: ‘You’re holding a smartphone to let a husband say goodbye to his wife via FaceTime after 60 years of marriage’Doctors and nurses in North Dakota and Wyoming tell MarketWatch what it's like on the front lines of COVID-19.
- Capitol Report: Biden’s climate-change bench is deep with inclusion of nominees Blinken for State and Thomas-Greenfield for UNAt least two of the nominees for top spots in the Biden administration are likely to help shape the global warming fight as a core feature of his presidency. And neither has "climate" or "energy" in their job title.
- The Wall Street Journal: Trump administration may take further action against ChinaSenior Trump administration officials say they are pushing for new hard-line measures against Beijing, even as President Donald Trump winds down his final two months in office.
- The Wall Street Journal: Apple security chief indicted on bribery charges in gun-permit scandalApple Inc.’s head of security has been indicted on bribery charges for a scheme in which prosecutors allege he offered iPads to secure gun permits for his company’s employees.
- The Wall Street Journal: BlackRock to buy customized-index provider Aperio for $1 billionBlackRock Inc. is acquiring Aperio Group LLC, a firm that helps build custom portfolios for wealthy individuals, for $1.05 billion, in a push by the world’s largest money manager to add more personalization to its offerings.
- Key Words: Politicizing masks ‘is like politicizing toilet paper,’ Biden coronavirus adviser saysDr. Celine Gounder, an epidemiologist and infectious disease specialist, said it will be difficult to change anti-mask attitudes, but that providing more financial aid could help.
- : Trump administration gives Biden approval to begin official transition processEmily Murphy, director of the General Services Administration, informed President-elect Joe Biden late Monday that she was ready to begin the formal transition process, the first move by the Trump administration acknowledging Biden's election victory.
- Capitol Report: ‘She can start repairing the damage in economic diplomacy’ — analysts react to Yellen as Biden’s Treasury secretaryHere are some initial reactions from economists and other analysts following Monday’s news that President-elect Joe Biden has selected former Federal Reserve Chairwoman Janet Yellen to lead the Treasury Department.
- Capitol Report: Yellen, pushed aside by Trump, returns to center stage of economic policyFormer Fed Chairwoman Janet Yellen wanted a second term at the helm of the central bank but President Donald Trump had other ideas. Now Yellen is expected to return to the center of economic policy-making in a new role as Treasury Secretary.
- Metals Stocks: Gold prices fall by the most in 2 weeks as vaccine progress slams precious metalsGold futures on Monday finish sharply lower as investors unload the metal amid news on prospective vaccines and treatments for COVID-19 that broke near-term support for bullion.