According to an official announcement, by the end of November 2012 Dubai Bank will be rebranded as Emirates Islamic Bank (EIB). By merging the two Islamic banking holdings of the Emirates NBD Group, a stronger, more resilient proposition for customers …
- Capitol Report: Ted Cruz is ready to fight for Thanksgiving, even as Texas morgues struggle to make spaceEarlier this week, El Paso County officials sent out a plea asking for additional morgue workers to deal with surging COVID fatalities, which prompted the Texas National Guard to step up and help cope with the harsh reality of a "fatality management plan." Ted Cruz seems more concerned with his dinner plans.
- : Biden to name Antony Blinken his secretary of state: reportPresident-elect Joe Biden will name Antony Blinken his nominee as secretary of state, Bloomberg News reported Sunday night.
- Key Words: Donald Trump’s legal team has been a ‘national embarrassment,’ according to one loyal Trump supporterFormer New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie unloaded on Donald Trump's lawyers, telling ABC in an interview on Sunday that the president's legal team has failed to provide evidence of fraud and it's now is the time to think of the country first.
- : Trump campaign attempts to distance from conspiracy-theorist lawyer Sidney PowellThe Trump campaign on Sunday distanced itself from attorney Sidney Powell, who took part in a conspiracy-laden press conference with Rudy Giuliani on Thursday.
- The New York Post: 14 hours in line? Colorado goes crazy for its first In-N-Out BurgersColorado fans of the iconic California chain In-N-Out Burger waited on epic lines Friday as the state’s first two outlets opened.
- : Guitar Center files for Chapter 11 bankruptcyThe retail chain, the largest seller of musical equipment in the U.S., plans to keep its nearly 300 U.S. stores open during the process.
- Dispatches from a Pandemic: The legally murky eviction of a North Carolina single mother — despite the CDC’s moratorium: ‘Nobody’s enforcing it’Thousands of evictions are moving forward across the country, even though the CDC has ostensibly banned them.
- The Moneyist: My wife wants to pay for her sister’s $25K wedding. My future brother-in-law is blue collar — and earns more money than me‘Five years ago, she and her sister inherited a substantial amount of money, split equally between them. Think low six figures.’
- Key Words: Dr. Fauci on Biden’s scientific credentials — and the delay in the transfer of powerThe director of National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases spoke about political transitions and past mistakes.
- A grim test case on how paid-leave and child-care policies failed to close gender pay gapWomen typically need at least one extra degree to earn as much as their male colleagues.