Egyptian company Ridge Islamic Capital has announced to have $100 million which it plans to use for raising its capital and investing in funds over the following two years. Thus, it shall take advantage of the growing Islamic financial market. After Du…
- Jonathan Burton's Life Savings: This stock-market strategist says the coming recession could be the biggest ever: ‘I recommend prayer’'I’m about as bearish as I’ve been since 2008,' says Hedgeye's Keith McCullough. He's steering investors to cash, gold and other defensive plays.
- Outside the Box: Investors have been pouring money into companies promising climate-change solutions. Here’s how to spot the winners.An estimated $100-$150 trillion will be needed by 2050 to decarbonize the global economy and cut greenhouse gas emissions to near-zero.
- The Margin: Aaron Judge could earn $300 million after home run record, MLB executives say. Will the Yankees reward him?Judge hit his 62nd home run of the season on Tuesday, breaking the American League total from Roger Maris in 1961.
- Economic Report: Mortgage applications fall to the lowest pace in 25 years, as interest rates nearing 7% spook buyersMortgage applications fell 14.2% in the latest week, the Mortgage Bankers Association said. The average rate for a 30-year mortgage is 6.75%.
- The Margin: College students who got low grades complained about their ‘dismissive’ professor. Then NYU fired him.An organic chemistry professor at New York University was fired after 82 of his 350 students signed a petition against him.
- The Moneyist: ‘I have no guilt’: My stepfather will leave me his $1 million home. How do I protect my inheritance from his two biological children?‘Does it make sense to leave the home to me in his will? Or is there a better option?’
- The Big Move: ‘We want to live in Mexico:’ Should we sell our property in the U.S. before prices drop, and purchase our dream home overseas?'Renting there has become too difficult, the prices are outrageous and it’s even more challenging with pets.'
- Market Snapshot: Dow falls 300 points after best start to a quarter since 1938U.S. stocks trade lower on Wednesday as a more cautious tone prevailed following a strong start to the fourth quarter.
- Deep Dive: 10 energy stocks that are analysts’ favorites as OPEC makes oil-production cutsSimon Wong of Gabelli also names a floor price for oil to keep domestic shale producers profitable.
- The Fed: Fed’s Daly says more rate hikes needed, dismisses ‘pivot’ talkSan Francisco Fed President Mary Daly said Wednesday that the central bank needs to keep raising rates in order to cool inflation.