BARWA Bank is pleased to announce the appointment of its Board of Directors (the “Board”). The nine strong Board will be chaired by H.E. Sheikh Mohammed Bin Hamad Bin Jassim Al-Thani, and consists of the following members:Chairman: H.E. Sheikh Mohammed…
- Dow Jones Newswires: Superdry cuts profit guidance after swinging to first-half lossDue to underperformance of its wholesale division and increasing uncertainty over the fourth quarter, Superdry cut its fiscal 2023 adjusted pretax profit outlook to be broadly breakeven.
- Dow Jones Newswires: Remy Cointreau total sales fall, weighed by weak cognac revenue in the U.S.A slowing U.S. economy weighed on overall sales for the French spirits group, though it reported a steep rise in shipments to China ahead of the Lunar New Year.
- Dow Jones Newswires: LVMH posts forecast-beating sales of $24.78 billion, sees further growth aheadThe mainstay fashion business, home to brands Louis Vuitton and Dior, again outperformed the wider group in the fourth quarter, booking 10% sales growth.
- The Moneyist: ‘He claims it’s his home’: My mother left her Florida house to all of her children. Our brother lives there — and has no plans to move. How do we get him out?'Our brother is still living in the family home. He pays the taxes, insurance and utilities.'
- : This 72-year-old hopes to retire one day — as soon as she raises enough money on GoFundMeOnly about half of U.S. workers have access to 401(k) accounts, but even those that do may struggle to save enough to retire.
- The Margin: That delivery worker who interrupted a college basketball game? It was just a prank.The delivery worker walked onto the court during an Atlantic 10 game between Loyola of Chicago and host Duquesne.
- The Moneyist: ‘This has bugged me all my life’: My estranged father gave me $1,000 a month to buy a house in California. My brother cried foul, and told me to stop. Who’s right?‘Should I have even informed my family of what my father was doing until after the house was paid and became a family asset?’
- MarketWatch First Take: Intel just had its worst year since the dot-com bust, and it won’t get better anytime soonHistory may be repeating itself as Intel has renewed competition with AMD amid a sharp economic downturn.
- Earnings Results: Visa rides a wave of spending to an earnings beatVisa shares gained more than 1% in after-hours trading Thursday after the financial-technology powerhouse topped earnings and revenue expectations for its latest quarter.
- : Gallo, the biggest U.S. wine company, to lay off 355 in CaliforniaE. & J. Gallo Winery, the nation's largest wine producer, will lay off more than 350 workers as it shifts its distribution in California.