In contrast, social and leisure activities and transportation hubs are where the greatest risks to an extended period of sub-par profitability lie in our view. These sectors are likely to suffer the longest coronavirus restrictions. Large...
- Dow Jones Newswires: Credit Suisse makes $2.98 billion debt-repurchase offersThe Swiss bank is offering to buy back eight euro- or pound sterling-denominated senior debt securities for a total of up to 1 billion euros ($979.2 million,) and 12 U.S. dollar-denominated securities for up to $2 billion.
- : A majority of Republicans don’t want a national abortion ban, new poll showsThe poll arrives weeks ahead of the mid-election when abortion policies will be front and center.
- The Wall Street Journal: Binance says $100 million in crypto likely stolen in hackCrypto exchange Binance said late Thursday that $100 million was likely stolen as a result of a hack on its Binance Smart Chain blockchain network.
- Dow Jones Newswires: Rakuten to sell 20% stake in online brokerage unit to MizuhoRakuten Group Inc. said Friday that it agreed to sell a 20% stake in its online brokerage unit to Mizuho Securities Co. for 80.00 billion yen ($551.2 million) and form a strategic alliance.
- The Wall Street Journal: Feds believe Trump has still not returned all documents he took from White HouseA senior Justice Department official recently told Donald Trump’s legal team that law-enforcement officials don’t believe the former president returned all of the government documents he took with him when he left the White House, people familiar with the matter said.
- Dow Jones Newswires: China’s forex reserves declined again in SeptemberChina's foreign-exchange reserves fell for a second straight month in September amid U.S. dollar strength.
- MarketWatch First Take: AMD shows the end of the PC boom may be hurting chip makers more than expectedEven as AMD tries to put a bright face on the rest of its business, the news was bad for the rest of the semiconductor sector.
- : Tesla to deliver first Semi Trucks to PepsiCo. in December, Elon Musk saysTesla Inc. has started production of its long-awaited all-electric Semi Truck and will make its first deliveries to PepsiCo Inc. in December, Chief Executive Elon Musk said late Thursday.
- Cannabis Watch: Cannabis stocks rocket to a record day after Biden lights the fuseCannabis stocks shot to record gains Thursday after President Joe Biden formally sought to review how marijuana is classified under federal law, a change that pot companies in the U.S. and Canada have long sought.
- The Moneyist: ‘I spend $600 a month taking women out for dinner and drinks’: Does the man always have to pick up the check on a first date?'I feel like I’m being taken advantage of by the women who agree to meet me on a date.’