BIC/MENA and civil society representatives from Egypt, Lebanon, Tunisia, and Yemen among others successfully engaged the World Bank at the 2011 Civil Society Policy Forum of the World Bank/IMF Annual Meetings.
Egyptian civil society representatives met…
- : How to Invest: Get rich ‘quick’ with compound interestA miracle generally involves something that can’t be explained by science, or maybe even the supernatural. Compound interest might not fit that definition of a miracle, but it’s pretty darn close.
- NewsWatch: Don’t be fooled — inflation is a big risk for stock market investors. Here’s how to prepareMichael Brush advises on how you can avoid making mistakes as bond yields rise and the central bank reduces its stimulus.
- Mutual Funds Weekly: These money and investing tips can help you with stock and bond strategies to whip inflationThese money and investing stories were popular with MarketWatch readers over the past week.
- Business in the Age of COVID-19: How tech companies are bringing workers back to the office: Slowly and with ‘social’ incentivesMillions of tech workers are slowly making the migration back to offices as millions become fully vaccinated and states lift restrictions. But many of those returning may not recognize their new digs.
- The New York Post: ‘CryptoPunk’ NFT sells for $11.8 million at Sotheby’sA non-fungible token (NFT) of a digital artwork called a CryptoPunk defied expectations and just sold for $11.8 million at Sotheby’s on Thursday this week.
- Brett Arends's ROI: Public pensions lose on hedge funds — againExotic, exclusive financial instruments are performing worse than a basic portfolio anyone can buy
- : Chipotle’s upcoming launch of smoked brisket should make recent price hikes easy to swallowChipotle announced last month that it would be raising the average hourly wage to $15 by the end of June.
- : Mortgage rates fell over the past week, despite inflation hitting a 13-year high. What’s going on?‘The fact that rate movements don’t appear to be tied to any specific data or developments makes it difficult to chart their path forward.’
- : Investors tell G-7 that money will flow to nations that take the lead on climate changeA group of 79 corporate executives and investors with $41 trillion under their watch issued separate calls on Thursday for major world leaders to accelerate action on climate change.
- : Rich IPO paydays for Airbnb, DoorDash CEOs lead influential advisory firms to target execs at their first shareholder meetingsISS and Glass Lewis are recommending shareholders withhold their votes from Airbnb Chairman and Chief Executive Brian Chesky and DoorDash Chairman and CEO Tony Xu because of their compensation, the control they wield over the companies they co-founded and other corporate governance issues.