Bank Transfer Day and the Occupy Movement have collected tremendous attention, and for the first time there is market research data to measure the impact on the financial services industry. Javelin’s research aproximates that 5.6 million U.S. adults …
- : Shell mulling sale of holdings in largest U.S. oil field: reportsRoyal Dutch Shell Plc is reportedly reviewing its holdings in the largest oil field in the U.S., according to reports Sunday.
- The New York Post: White House walks back Biden comments on cybercriminal swap with RussiaThe White House on Sunday walked back comments from President Biden that he’d be “open” to exchanging cybercriminals with Russia.
- : G-7 recommits to clean-energy funds owed to developing nations, gets serious about 2030 targetsThe Group of Seven most powerful nations on Sunday advanced their cooperation to thwart climate change as they aim to nearly halve their greenhouse-gas emissions by 2030 and made good on a late pledge to help developing nations pivot to cleaner energy.
- : What is inflation? Hint: It’s not the 12% increase in rental-car prices last month'If you're someone who's going to the grocery store on a regular basis or even to the gas pump, and you're noticing that those prices are rising, that doesn't always necessarily count as inflation.
- The Moneyist: My fiancée makes $90,000 a year. I make $150,000. Should we merge our finances after we get married?‘She has roughly $40,000 left in student loans, and we share an investment in a land parcel with a $65,000 loan balance remaining.’
- : An inflation storm is coming for the U.S. housing marketSome economists suggest the government may be misunderstanding the size of the problem.
- One cup a day of this nutritious food reduces the risk of heart disease, according to a study of 50,000 peopleCardiovascular disease is the No. 1 cause of death around the world, killing nearly 18 million people annually.
- The Big Move: Our builder just abandoned us. Where can we buy a house now, with prices rising so fast?'The contractor’s Realtor called us to say they were canceling our contract and refunding our money. We were shocked.'
- Dispatches from a Pandemic: ‘We will all be incredibly rusty no doubt, and play terrible’: The softball field is replacing the office water cooler'Knowing I’m going to see them at the game, it’s just easier.'
- : Court upholds Houston hospital’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy: ‘Every employment includes limits on the worker’s behavior’A Texas hospital system’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for employees can stand after a federal judge on Saturday dismissed a closely watched lawsuit from workers refusing to get the shot.