Adnan Al-Musallam, chairman of The Investment Dar (TID), fought off any attempt from the last two years from some creditors to put TID under administration or declare it bankrupt.
On June 2, 2011, the Islamic investment company was admitted under the F…
- Dow Jones Newswires: Credit Suisse makes $2.98 billion debt-repurchase offersThe Swiss bank is offering to buy back eight euro- or pound sterling-denominated senior debt securities for a total of up to 1 billion euros ($979.2 million,) and 12 U.S. dollar-denominated securities for up to $2 billion.
- : A majority of Republicans don’t want a national abortion ban, new poll showsThe poll arrives weeks ahead of the mid-election when abortion policies will be front and center.
- The Wall Street Journal: Binance says $100 million in crypto likely stolen in hackCrypto exchange Binance said late Thursday that $100 million was likely stolen as a result of a hack on its Binance Smart Chain blockchain network.
- Dow Jones Newswires: Rakuten to sell 20% stake in online brokerage unit to MizuhoRakuten Group Inc. said Friday that it agreed to sell a 20% stake in its online brokerage unit to Mizuho Securities Co. for 80.00 billion yen ($551.2 million) and form a strategic alliance.
- The Wall Street Journal: Feds believe Trump has still not returned all documents he took from White HouseA senior Justice Department official recently told Donald Trump’s legal team that law-enforcement officials don’t believe the former president returned all of the government documents he took with him when he left the White House, people familiar with the matter said.
- Dow Jones Newswires: China’s forex reserves declined again in SeptemberChina's foreign-exchange reserves fell for a second straight month in September amid U.S. dollar strength.
- MarketWatch First Take: AMD shows the end of the PC boom may be hurting chip makers more than expectedEven as AMD tries to put a bright face on the rest of its business, the news was bad for the rest of the semiconductor sector.
- : Tesla to deliver first Semi Trucks to PepsiCo. in December, Elon Musk saysTesla Inc. has started production of its long-awaited all-electric Semi Truck and will make its first deliveries to PepsiCo Inc. in December, Chief Executive Elon Musk said late Thursday.
- Cannabis Watch: Cannabis stocks rocket to a record day after Biden lights the fuseCannabis stocks shot to record gains Thursday after President Joe Biden formally sought to review how marijuana is classified under federal law, a change that pot companies in the U.S. and Canada have long sought.
- The Moneyist: ‘I spend $600 a month taking women out for dinner and drinks’: Does the man always have to pick up the check on a first date?'I feel like I’m being taken advantage of by the women who agree to meet me on a date.’