Adnan Al-Musallam, chairman of The Investment Dar (TID), fought off any attempt from the last two years from some creditors to put TID under administration or declare it bankrupt.
On June 2, 2011, the Islamic investment company was admitted under the F…
- Earnings Results: Carnival books first post-COVID profit but stock dives after outlook disappointsCarnival's stock fell in choppy trading Friday, after the cruise operator booked its first quarterly profit since before COVID, but provided a downbeat outlook.
- The Fed: Fed’s Williams says interest rates ‘at, or near peak.’ But they won’t be coming down soonThe chief of the New York Fed said a key U.S. interest rate is "at, or near, the peak level," but borrowing costs will also have to remain high for "some time."
- : Psst: Here’s why Google’s antitrust trial against the Department of Justice isn’t being talked about muchThe public is barred from listening to the 10-week nonjury trial, and reporters often encounter a courtroom sealed to the public.
- The Tell: 4 reasons oil prices are surging toward $100 a barrelOil futures went on a tear in the third quarter, contributing to volatility in global financial markets. Here are the main drivers.
- FA Center: U.S. dollar strength isn’t why some companies’ quarterly earnings will be weakThe dollar may be a convenient whipping boy, but the blame game is hardly a profitable investment strategy.
- Living With Climate Change: Treasury issues first-ever report detailing costly climate-change strain on U.S. householdsTreasury Dept. release offers data and resources as millions of Americans face climate change-linked insurance gaps, lost wages, utility spikes and new illness.
- : Biden administration moves to try student-debt cancellation againOfficials released details suggesting the scope of the challenges they're hoping to address with a new debt-relief plan
- : Here’s how a government shutdown can cause a major financial crisisFrom feeding Americans to financial security, a lot could go wrong in the event of a shutdown.
- Outside the Box: Government shutdown looms: Here’s how to help preserve your investment portfolio. Vanguard financial adviser: Remember your long-term financial plan and focus on factors you can control.
- Washington Watch: U.S. government shutdown: Here’s how it could affect you, from food aid to getting your passportHere's what would close and what would stay open in the event of a partial government shutdown starting on Sunday, and what services would be affected.