Together with a Malaysian Sovereign Wealth fund, London-based Gatehouse Bank has finished the £165 million acquisition of the offices of the law firm SJ Berwin. Gatehouse played the role of an investment and Sharia adviser for the deal. The investmen…
- Key Words: President Trump says George Floyd’s death was ‘terrible’ but says ‘more white people,’ die at hands of police than Blacks in U.S.President Donald Trump during a CBS interview espoused the view that white people in the U.S. are killed by law enforcement more often than Blacks — a statement that is likely to be seen as racially insensitive in the wake of the killing of George Floyd in May.
- Asia Markets: Stocks in Asia follow their U.S. counterparts higher early WednesdayStocks in Asia were mostly higher early Wednesday, following a rally in U.S. markets driven by optimism over the gradual economic recovery from the coronavirus pandemic.
- In One Chart: Major banks are hauling in ‘big fees’ from debt and equity underwriting during the coronavirus crisisDespite earnings that are under pressure, major banks are raking in big fees from debt, equity and other capital markets activities as the Federal Reserve does ‘whatever it takes’ to keep credit flowing.
- Key Words: As Trump’s rocky relationship with Fauci deteriorates, America’s top infectious disease doctors say: ‘We will not be silenced nor sidelined’Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, visited the White House on Monday after the Trump administration criticized him amid a surge in coronavirus cases in the U.S.
- NewsWatch: Why the S&P 500 doesn’t underperform despite U.S. inability to contain COVID-19U.S. stocks, as measured by the benchmark S&P 500, are holding their own versus European rivals, even though U.S. coronavirus cases are surging again and threatening the economic recovery while European countries appear to largely have the outbreak under control.
- The Moneyist: I filed a joint tax return with my estranged wife because she is a gambler and her finances are a mess. But I got NO stimulus check — what can I do?‘Although we are separated, we are good friends and I try to look out for her in any way that I can. We filed in February and, shortly thereafter, the pandemic hit.’
- Mark Hulbert: Gold timers have rarely been more bullish than they are today — that’s a bad signGold’s new all-time high will have to wait.
- Personal Finance Daily: Wednesday is Tax Day, but there’s still time to save money on your 2019 taxes, and after Kelly Preston’s breast cancer death, a reminder of the disease’s financial tollTuesday’s top personal finance stories
- Moderna stock surges 17% on coronavirus vaccine trial newsTrial vaccine elicits ‘robust’ immune-system response in larger group of people, Moderna said.
- The Fed: Fed’s Bullard says stock market’s optimism has been proven right, so farSt. Louis Fed President James Bullard on Tuesday said the stock market’s optimism has been validated by the economic data.