According to the Development Commission of Almaty Regional Financial Center of Kazakhstan’s National Bank, the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) has allocated $25 million for Kazakhstan farmers. In 11 regions of the country, a series of training seminars…
- Today’s older workers may see the first cuts to Social Security benefitsThe Congressional Budget Office released an updated budget outlook, including the pandemic’s impact on the economy.
- Key Words: He went from multibillionaire to relatively broke and living in a small apartment — just like he plannedThis week, Chuck Feeney closed his 38-year-old Atlantic Philanthropies, having donated all his cash to such lofty endeavors as bringing peace to Northern Ireland and modernizing Vietnam’s health care system.
- The Conversation: Amy Coney Barrett’s Supreme Court nomination puts a spotlight on charismatic CatholicismWhat do communities like "People of Praise" believe?
- NewsWatch: This tax break for first-time home buyers could keep the housing market afloatFederal tax relief for new homeowners would help millennials and support prices, writes Sanjiv Das.
- Economic Preview: U.S. September job report is going to show economy entering a weaker phaseThe September job report will signal that the U.S. economic recovery has entered a more tenuous phase.
- Where Should I Retire?: We want to leave cold Midwest states for ‘warmer and drier climes’ and affordable health care on $44,000 a year — so where should we retire?The curveball: their adult children are in Omaha, Neb., and Tucson.
- TaxWatch: Some wealthy Americans are already prepping their finances for a Joe Biden presidency — here’s howOne San Francisco accountant finishes every client conversation with a discussion about what a Biden administration could mean for portfolios.
- How Trump and Biden tax policies could affect your paycheck, tax return, investment portfolio and nest eggThe economy is a very important issue for nearly 80% of voters in this presidential election.
- The Moneyist: ‘He doesn’t give me any money’: My husband has been making secret payments to his parents. Should I tell him to stop?‘I told him that I too have desires to make investments, plan for our future and wear nice jewelry.’
- The Moneyist: My wife had a baby in June. She has $160,000 in student loans — and just asked for my ‘blessing’ to work part time‘Losing $30,000 a year will limit our ability to save for our child’s education, save for retirement, and take vacations. We currently have child care 100% covered between two sets of grandparents.’