Pakistani ABL Asset Management has announced the establishment of an Islamic equity fund. The fund is expected to tap the growing market of investors who want to make their investments in stocks of Shariah-compliant companies only. In contrast with the…
- The Wall Street Journal: OPEC and allies set to ease oil output cuts, anticipating demand recoveryAn alliance of crude producers led by Saudi Arabia is pushing OPEC and its allies to increase oil production starting in August, officials in the group said, amid signs that demand is returning to normal levels following coronavirus-related lockdowns.
- NewsWatch: S&P 500 earnings set to plunge as the coronavirus batters all sectors — with Wall Street counting on a bounce that may not comeThe one certainty about the outlook for companies in a COVID-19 world is that second-quarter earnings will be very bad, the worst in over 10 years.
- Commodities Corner: Why gold has become a ‘weapon of choice’ for investorsGold prices have climbed to their highest levels in nearly nine years, with the precious metal seen as a ‘weapon of choice’ for investors dealing with pandemic-related uncertainty in the stock market, clearing the path to a fresh record in the second half of the year.
- Outside the Box: Do these simple things to turn your retirement savings into big moneyYou do have some control over your financial future
- 5 ways to beat the stock market — from a fund manager who’s done this for yearsThese lessons from Amana Growth Fund can make you a better investor.
- Help Me Retire: I have a seven-figure nest egg — am I saving too much for retirement?A big pile of money is great, but it raises questions
- Help Me Retire: I have student debt, a mortgage, a growing family and I’m relocating for work — how do I save for retirement?Do you have questions on planning for retirement? Email HelpMeRetire@marketwatch.com
- Upgrade: My retirement income is just $16,600 a year, but I want to retire in a beach town ‘where the sky is blue and the water warm’ — where should I go?3 spots to consider
- The Margin: Refusing to wear a mask? This video clip might change your mind“In every pandemic in history, it’s the actions and choices of individual people that have made a difference,” Joe Hanson said. “A mask can stop a virus, but it also sends a message: We’re all in this together.”
- Philip Morris says cigarette sales in many places could end in a decade and they’ve got a ‘safer’ product to replace themPhilip Morris is encouraging stakeholders to work with them to move smokers to cigarette alternatives at a time with cigarette consumption is declining.