Dubai-based Islamic mortgage lender Tamweel has said that the chief executive of Dubai Islamic Bank Abdullah Ali Al-Hamli has been appointed as its new chairman after the board of directors was dissolved last week.
- : The pandemic turned Postmates’ IPO plans into a bidding war between Uber and Wall StreetAfter Postmates flirted with two SPACs and Uber failed to grab Grubhub, the two decided to merge at a higher valuation than previous talks, SEC filing shows
- The Conversation: This chart shows which of Trump’s Supreme Court possibilities is the one most likely to stay conservative — and it’s not Amy Coney BarrettRepublicans in the past have repeatedly nominated justices who have drifted to the left after they were confirmed.
- Bond Report: Long-dated government bond yields post weekly slide as stocks run into turbulenceTreasury yields on Friday barely budged but longer-dated government debt posted weekly declines, and prices rose over the five-day period, as stocks faced headwinds centered on a lack of fresh coronavirus stimulus from Washington lawmakers, rising cases of coronavirus and jitters about the Nov. 3 presidential elections in the U.S.
- Mark Hulbert: Here’s how stocks typically perform in October and why you may want to buckle upThe combination of October’s volatility and average gain can work to your benefit.
- NewsWatch: This tax break for first-time home buyers could keep the housing market afloatFederal tax relief for new homeowners would help millennials and support prices, writes Sanjiv Das.
- Outside the Box: Disappointed by Tesla’s Battery Day? The electric-car maker has been winning by playing the long gameTesla CEO Elon Musk is setting up the company for domination, which requires long-term plans that may disappoint in the short run.
- Personal Finance Daily: How canceled student-loan and mortgage debts could affect your taxes and the secret to selling a home quickly during a pandemicFriday's top personal finance stories
- Project Syndicate: Climate change has now reached a tipping point among global investorsDisruption is a powerful incentive for investors and companies to move money into sustainable industries.
- Top Ten: Weekend reads: Your money or your pickup truckAlso, a retirement quiz, clean energy stocks and where to live.
- Market Snapshot: Stocks close higher, as late-session rally clinches Nasdaq’s first weekly gain since AugustU.S. stock indexes close higher after a choppy session Friday, but the Dow Jones Industrial Average and S&P 500 log their fourth straight weekly losses as worries grow over the economic outlook in the absence of renewed aid from Washington, the November presidential election and rising COVID-19 infections in the U.S. and Europe.