Abdulkarim Bucheery, chief executive of Bahrain Islamic Bank has said that international banks may cut financing lines to Bahraini lenders facing debt restructuring, due to the political unrest gripping the kingdom.
- Mutual Funds Weekly: These money and investing tips can help you navigate financial markets as economies reopenTop money and investing features on MarketWatch this past week.
- The Margin: Trump reaffirms endorsement of Tuberville in Alabama, and a day-long back-and-forth with Sessions ensuesEven as he was subjected to three years of disparaging remarks by and expressions of disappointment from President Donald Trump, former Attorney General Jeff Sessions held out hope of a Trump endorsement of his bid for a Senate seat from Alabama. In March, Trump endorsed Session’s opponent in a Republican runoff that’s been moved to […]
- The New York Post: U.S. could be coronavirus-free by late September, these Singapore scientists sayThe US could finally be free of the coronavirus in late September, and the whole world can expect to put the pandemic behind them in December, says a group of scientists in Singapore.
- : Hundreds of cars clog Madrid’s center in mass protest against government’s handling of coronavirusDraped in Spanish flags and filled with protesters shouting “freedom,” “resign now” and “Viva Espana,” hundreds of cars, motorbikes and mopeds descended on Madrid’s center early Saturday.
- Colleges balance student safety with falling revenues during coronavirus — here’s how universities will be transformed in the fallMany colleges are likely avoiding big pronouncements about their plans as a way to sustain enrollment, one consultant said.
- ‘The stakes of doing it wrong is that someone dies’: How coronavirus will transform K-12 schools in the fall‘They can be a danger to older brothers and sisters ... their own parents, and, Lord help me, their grandparents,’ said Eskelsen García, a former school lunch lady and sixth-grade teacher.
- The Moneyist: My husband died from COVID-19. Will the IRS allow me to use his $1,200 stimulus check for funeral and medical expenses?‘I am sure there are other senior citizens who have the same issues as me.’
- Dispatches from a Pandemic: ‘I have a mortgage to pay’: Sex workers banned from small-business loans under CARES Act due to ‘prurient sexual nature’Andre Shakti majored in deaf studies and psychology at college, helps to support her father, and works as a stripper, dominatrix and sex educator.
- Dispatches from a Pandemic: I’m a historian who has studied the Black Death. During my coronavirus quarantine, I thought, ‘Will people fear us?’‘As an early COVID-19 patient in my area, I have seen firsthand the power of a community poised to help.’
- The Moneyist: Where’s my $1,200 stimulus check? My 2018 taxes ruled me out, but my 2019 return qualifies me — when will it arrive?‘If there is a second round of stimulus checks, will the IRS give me a check based on my 2019 return?’