The National Commercial Bank Chief Executive Officer Abdulkareem Abu Alnasr has been named Islamic Banker of the Year 2010 at the World Islamic Banking Conference (WIBC).
Alnasr received the award from the governor of the Central Bank of Bahrain in rec…
- The New York Post: Barr taps former aide to take over as U.S. attorney for Eastern District of New YorkThe outgoing Richard Donoghue becomes a second U.S. attorney in New York replaced in recent weeks as Attorney General William Barr taps Seth D. DuCharme to lead Eastern District.
- The Biden-Sanders climate-change policy pact: 8 key featuresPresidential candidate Joe Biden has advanced environmental policy recommendations that most analysts find more ambitious than his stance in favor of curbing man-made climate change earlier in his campaign.
- The Moneyist: I told my family I boycott Chick-fil-A over its support of anti-LGBTQ causes — now they ‘like’ it on Facebook and go there for lunch‘At best, the company’s stance is irrelevant to these particular siblings. At worst, these positions are a key reason for their support.’
- Business in the Age of COVID-19: Netflix pulled off a showstopper early in the pandemic, but will the sequel deserve the price?The runaway success of streaming services during the pandemic leads to the invariable entertainment-tinged question: What does Netflix do for an encore?
- Here’s one ‘remarkable’ difference between COVID-19 and the 1918 Spanish fluThere are also similarities between the 1918 influenza and SARS-CoV-2, the coronavirus that originated in Wuhan, China.
- Key Words: With resurgence of COVID-19 cases in the U.S., Trump signals rift with Fauci: ‘He’s made a lot of mistakes’Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, said he has not briefed the president since June 2.
- The Fed: Controversial Trump Fed nominee Shelton may move forward as Senate panel sets voteJudy Shelton’s nomination to the Federal Reserve, which had stalled since February, got fresh life on Friday when the Senate Banking Committee announced it would hold a vote on sending her name to the full Senate.
- The Wall Street Journal: Amazon says email ordering staff to remove TikTok app from mobile devices was sent in errorAmazon.com Inc. sent employees an email Friday morning mandating they remove the TikTok app from company mobile devices, but a spokesman later said that order had been sent in error.
- The Ratings Game: Bed Bath & Beyond stock sinks more than 24% after earnings miss but analysts see opportunityBed Bath & Beyond is showing growth potential despite a weak earnings report, according to analysts.
- NewsWatch: Goodbye, extra $600: Unemployment benefits won’t exceed former wages in next stimulus bill, Treasury’s Mnuchin saysTreasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said Thursday the administration wants to cap enhanced unemployment benefits in the next coronavirus package to make sure workers do not get benefits amounting to more than their old wage.