With a long history of innovation in aerospace, medical and many other critical industries,
Tubes is continuing to lead the field with more ground-breaking developments.
Fine Tubes (www.finetubes.com) holds a proud position at the cutting edge of material processing developments for a wide range of sectors including aerospace, medical, chemical process, nuclear, power and oil and gas. The company currently has particular focus on aerospace and defence.
Fine Tubes now has new materials available for cold drawn tubing and is currently attracting new customers with other industry-leading developments. Cold working not only allows the reshaping of metal; it also strengthens it in the process, giving rise to a huge range of potential products that have to perform reliably.
Ronen Day, Managing Director of Fine Tubes commented: “Fine Tubes is continuing to bring brand new materials to existing processes that allow for a wide range of applications. Everything we learn in each of our specialist sectors is carefully analysed for use elsewhere. This approach is currently allowing us to adapt high resistance materials traditionally associated with chemical process to great effect in aerospace design.”
The company is also involved in the development of high pressure hydraulic tubing for the Airbus A350 XWB. The A350 prototypes are currently being manufactured and ground-tested, with first flight testing in the near future. The aircraft is due to go into service in 2014.
In 2006 Fine Tubes became one of the first qualified suppliers for the Airbus A380 hydraulic tubing, producing Ti 3AL/2.5V for the new 5000psi system. Each Airbus A380 uses around 1km of hydraulic tubing and Fine Tubes remains one of the few mills that are qualified to produce this product.
As one of the leading innovators in metal tube fabrication, Fine Tubes is continuing to cater for the future of aerospace by developing tubing solutions in new, higher strength grades of titanium which can offer substantial weight savings compared to the current industry standard.
Extending company quality practices to raw material suppliers is vital to ensure the constant development of brand new materials and their applications, and Fines Tubes prides itself on fostering these working relationships. The world of engineering will always need new solutions to new problems, and the ability to find the exact materials that do just that is the reason Fine Tubes is a globally-recognised company.
About Fine Tubes Ltd
• Fine Tubes supplies metal tubing to the aerospace, medical, chemical process, nuclear, and power, oil and gas sectors.
• The company’s service includes the design, manufacture and global supply of seamless or welded and redrawn tubes in materials which are expertly chosen for their individual suitability for various applications.
• As a global tube manufacturer, Fine Tubes now has sales offices in Germany, France and India, and currently exports its products to over 35 countries.
• Fine Tubes’ projects have included work on the development of a heat exchange system for the Skylon space plane and the production of high pressure hydraulic tubing for the Airbus A380.
• Recent developments include introducing new titanium alloys to the cold drawing process, which allows manipulation of metals and also strengthens materials in the process.
• The company is now also developing tubing for the Airbus A350XWB and continuing to develop cold drawn tubing in new, higher strength grades of titanium for hydraulic systems.
• Fine Tubes has recently achieved Nadcap accreditation for Welding, alongside previous Nadcap approval for its Heat Treating and NDT processes.
• Other quality certifications include ISO 9001, AS/EN 9100, TUV AD-2000 Merkblatt W0/TRD 100, and P.E.D. Pressure Equipment Directive.
– Singleton PR –