Antisoma plc (UK) – Antisoma plc reports half-year results for the six months to 31 December 2009
London, UK, and Cambridge, MA: 18 February 2010 Antisoma plc (LSE: ASM; USOTC: ATSMY) announces its interim financial information for the period ended 31 December 2009.
Potential blockbuster ASA404 advancing with Novartis
- Enrolment completed in first-line lung cancer phase III trial
- First-line lung cancer phase III data expected in mid-2011 (announced today); Novartis plans filings in 2011
- Enrolment ongoing in second-line lung cancer phase III trial
- Plans announced for phase Ib/II trial in breast cancer
- Investigator-initiated trials started in other cancers (announced today)
Novel blood cancer treatment AS1413 leads US commercial strategy
- Positive final data reported from secondary AML phase II trial
- Secondary AML phase III trial now over half enrolled (announced today)
- Preparations underway for potential commercialisation in US
- Antisoma plans first filings in 2011
Aptamer AS1411 continues to show potential
- Clinical data suggest distinctive efficacy and safety profile
- Renal cancer phase II trial provides new evidence of activity
- Other indications prioritised over renal cancer for commercial reasons
- Plans announced for phase IIb trial in AML
- Loss after tax of GBP 18.3 million (H1 2008: loss after tax of GBP 5.0 million)
- Cash at 31 December 2009 of GBP 49.6 million (31 December 2008: GBP 52.7 million)
- No revenues in this period (2008: GBP 5.5 million); recognition of GBP 19.7 million from oral fludarabine divestment expected in half-year ended 30 June 2010
Glyn Edwards, CEO of Antisoma, said: “We now have two drugs – ASA404 and AS1413 – that are well into pivotal phase III trials. Success with either drug will enable us to make a rapid transition into a company directly involved in product commercialisation and capable of generating recurring revenues based on product sales.”
Eric Dodd, Antisoma’s CFO, added: “We continue to manage our cash resources prudently and to focus our investment on key products with potential to create significant value for shareholders.”
A webcast and conference call will be held today at 9.30 am GMT. The webcast can be accessed via Antisoma’s website at www.antisoma.com and the call by dialling +44 (0)20 7075 1520 and using the participant PIN code 468563#.
A second conference call will be held at 2.00 pm GMT/9.00 am EST. Call numbers are +44(0)20 7075 1520 or from the US (toll-free) 1 866 793 4273; the participant PIN code for this call is 468563#.
A recording of the webcast will be available afterwards on Antisoma’s website.
HUGIN /Source: Antisoma plc /LSE: ASM /ISIN: GB0055696032